Monday

Transformation & Reconstruction Cutting

I came across a pattern cutting technique that could help interpret sound forms within a garment; Transformation & Reconstruction cutting. By working onto flat pattern pieces the technique manipulates the fabric to incorporate more of a 3D effect within the detailing. Visit http://www.trpattern.com for more of an insight into what can be achieved. (The English isn't great on the site but everything is documented via video demonstrations in great detail)

The 2 videos below, to me, sum up the theory of TR cutting, plus offer more relevance to my research. ....The 'Vortex' construction in particular!





I feel this technique would involve a fair deal of time, if I was to put to use, although an insight into how to create such profiles is of great use at this stage. Will definitely be incorporating in my design!!

No comments:

Post a Comment