Tuesday

Jo Cope : Awareness of Movement

Throughout this process I am also keen to explore conceptual design within Fashion. Alongside studying various techniques, media and the arts, I should collate a more rounded base to take me into the design stage.

Jo Cope:
I was aware of Jo Cope's work from recently being shown a short film 'Adam's Rib', portraying her study of performance & moving image. The theories behind Cope's approach to design intrigue me. A common focal point on performer-garment-movement takes the creations into a more conceptual field. Focusing on function & theory links to my ideas of considering & depicting the breakdown of a concept, plus the processes involved.

 The image above, and the 2 to follow, show clips of Jo Cope's work from the Adam's Rib project. There's a great sense of awareness of surrounding space & movement, that is not only captured in the performances but in the garments too.


 View Adam's Rib and more studies at http://www.jocope.com


Jo Cope for Nike78 project 2010 - Fashion is a competitive sport



No comments:

Post a Comment